I have been extremely busy with my full time job lately. I had to go on visits to contract manufacturers that manufacture apparel products for my company that in turn exports them to European countries. My current job profile now a days includes trying to get maximum output from the finishing unit of my company, quality assurance of the goods produced in our production unit as well as other contract manufacturers. So, I have been doing just that. Increased the productivity of the finishing unit by about 25% and then we have passed two consecutive inspections by the Quality controller of our buyer. This I think is a big achievement in itself seeing the fact that some of our previous quality inspections failed in t he first time although I came to rescue and got all the finishing work again to enable it to pass in the second inspection without any further failure and embarrassment.
During this period I got to try some of the production and operations management skills learned while doing my BFTech(AP) from NIFT, New Delhi. Continue reading “Using the skills learned in Grad School – Production Operations Management”
Outdoor clothing generally may seem to be a term obvious and generic for any type of clothing worn outside home conditions. The literary meaning of the term is also the same. But it is much more than that. Outdoor clothing doesn’t only mean anything that is worn outside a house but it encompasses a whole lot of categories of clothing ranging from sports wear to weather protection gear to adventure sports clothing to swim suits to life jackets to space suits. So, out door clothing is a category that sometimes determines the sustainability of life of the person involved. So, to achieve such clothing there is a lot of technology involved in making the material that has such properties that are desired. The technology not only provides the material but also determines how the materials are combined to make fashionable looking outdoor clothing. Continue reading “Dressing for the Outdoors – Fashion Technology Involved”
Through this post i am going to describe and define what Tuubol is conceived to be and what all is going to come in Tuubol’s posts.
First of all, what does TuuBol mean.Tuubol is comprised of two Hindi Words ‘Tuu’ and ‘Bol’. ‘Tuu’ means ‘You’ and ‘Bol’ means ‘Say/speak’. First of all, TuuBol means ‘You Say’ or ‘Your Say’. So, it is gonna be a blog where in I and my team is going to discuss with the readers some things that matter to us in various fields. It will have daily happenings and most debated topics etc. But Tuubol can only be a success if it is you who give your feedback on all the posts.
The various fields that will be covered in Tuubol: –
- Fashion Technology :- Me being a Fashion Technocrat of the First Batch of B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology – Apparel Production) from NIFT, New Delhi, am very passionate about the subject and keep myself current with the current trends in the field of fashion technology. I would for sure like to share what ever I find interesting and worthy of sharing with my knowledgeable readers.
- Web Design and Web Development: – I am a freelance web designer and love the work from the core my heart. The most amazing thing about the work is that it keeps changing with time and you need to keep yourself updated with the current trends in the web space. I am a regular visitor of some websites that enhance my knowledge of the field and would like my readers to benefit from this. I with this field would like to share what is latest in the field of web design and what are the current and latest developments in the sphere of web applications.
- Lean & Toyota Production System:- I am from the first batch of the Lean Leaders certified by the MSMEDI(Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute, Mumbai). I had the passion for the Toyota Manufacturing System from the time I had been first introduced to the concept. But after doing the course the passion got stronger and the belief became unshakable. So I would like to spread the great TPS(Toyota Production System) among my countrymen and the world as a whole because I think this is the only Production Management System that can save the world from the current and future crises.
- Biotechnology and Pharma Quality Control:- As we know in this era “knowledge is power” Biotechnology has immense potential for development and ease of human life with advancements in health, stem cell research, in-vitro fertilization, cloning, tissue engineering, genetic engineering, improvement of hybrid and genetically improved varieties of animals and crops, drug development, disease eradication by vaccine development and many more.
- Book Reviews:- We are also going to write reviews of the books that we read. This is not only going to cover a simple review of the book, but an analysis of the good and bad points of the book, things that are worthy of learning from the book and things that are just fillers.
- Miscellaneous:- This section will contain topics that interest us in general and are not related to any of the above topics.
Now it is going to be a full fledged blog covering these topics. So, you all got to visit this blog regularly.